Last Updated: 2nd Feburary 2015
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA WE COLLECT
Personal data as defined in the PDPA refers to data about an individual who can be identified from either that particular data, or from that data and other information which we have or likely have access to. Commonly collected personal data of our customers include, amongst other things, names, addresses, telephone (landline and mobile) numbers, e-mail addresses, NRIC/FIN numbers, nationalities, dates of birth, driver's licence numbers and credit card information.
Collection of personal data
Wherever possible, we will collect personal data directly from you. Without limitation, this can occur when you:-
- visit us at one of our showrooms;
- enquire with us on any of our products or request us for promotional materials on our products;
- make an order in relation to a purchase, hire or sale of our products;
- provide any feedback or complaints with regards to our services;
- utilise any of our after-sales services;
- register for a test drive of one of our vehicles;
- participate in any marketing event or activity held by us; or
- apply for employment with us.
- register for customer loyalty programmes with us
In addition to personal data provided to us, certain information related to you that is not considered personal data under the PDPA may also be collected. We collect this information to improve our website and other online services. Such non-personal data may include information such as your IP address, the internet browser you use, details of your interaction with our website and other types of non-personal data.
Cookies are small files which require user permission in order to be installed on a computer’s hard drive. Cookies will only start to perform their functions after such permission is granted. By collecting and analysing data on the user’s browsing patterns, cookies allow web applications to respond to the user as an individual by tailoring a web application’s operations to the user’s specific needs and preferences.
Permission for cookies is granted by default in most web browsers. You can however choose to disable this function in your browser’s settings. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This use is designed to assist us in gathering data on web page traffic. The gathered data is used only for statistical purposes and is removed from our database shortly after.
When you access certain pages of the Group's websites, you may be required to sign in, using an ID and password. Once you signed in, the Group will record your ID in the cookie file on your computer if you checked the box entitled "Remember me". Permanent cookie files remain on your computer's hard drive until you manually delete the file.
Overall, the data collected by the cookies is used for the purpose of improving your browsing experience on our website. Cookies do not grant us access to your computer or any information about you outside of your browsing activity on our website.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data from our existing and prospective customers and employees for various reasons. Without limitation, these purposes include:-
- the verification of your identity;
- marketing and communicating with you in relation to products and services offered by us, our dealers and relevant service partners, as well as events and recruitment drives held by social clubs affiliated to the brands we distribute;
- processing orders and administering accounts in relation to your use of our products and services, including the processing of purchase/credit transactions;
- improving the quality of our services with market research and surveys;
- providing customer and dealer support, such as service maintenance and insurance reminders;
- supplying you with information that is relevant to your existing relationship with us;
- processing your employment applications.
- for fraud prevention and detection
- in our sole discretion, in exceptional circumstances such as national emergency, security concerns, or other situations in which we deem that such disclosure is prudent.
We may, for the above purposes, contact you via mail, electronic mail, telephone, SMS, facsimile or other forms of communication through mobile applications. Due to the PDPA, we will also require you to sign a form documenting your express consent to the above forms of contact. Should you wish to opt-out of our contact list for any reason, please refer to the below paragraph 7 for the relevant procedure.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In the course of providing our services and products to you, we may need to disclose your personal data with external organisations. The reasons for which we may disclose your personal data are set out under the section "USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA". The possible parties we may share your personal data with include our group companies, our affiliates, partners, principals, third party service providers (for the purpose of providing us administrative or marketing support), social clubs affiliated to the brands we distribute, and governmental or regulatory authorities, including the Land Transport Authority. If any of our businesses are sold or transferred to another entity, your personal data may be transferred along with the business.
We will protect your personal data using industry standard precautions. While the transference of electronic data over the internet has inherent risks, we will use reasonable precautions to ensure your personal data is not subject to unnecessary risks.
Some of the means through which such protection is rendered include:
- physical security around the premises of our offices where your personal data may be stored;
- access to your personal data is only available to the staff who require it to perform their duties. All such staff have entered into non-disclosure agreements with us to treat your personal data as confidential information; and
- installing and maintaining industry standard technology to protect our networks and data storage systems from third party interference.
DO NOT CALL REGISTER
The Do Not Call (“DNC”) Registry prohibits the sending of unsolicited telemarketing messages to Singapore telephone numbers through voice calls, text or fax messages registered on the DNC Registers, unless the organisations sending the messages first procure the user’s/subscriber’s clear and unambiguous consent in written or other accessible forms.
We may, at any material time, present you a form for your signature. The form shall contain such terms necessary to exempt us from the DNC and will become binding with your signature.
It is necessary to exempt us from the DNC in order to enjoy the full extent of our products and services.
Some of the parties we share your personal data with (under Section 3) may wish to contact you via email, phone call or otherwise for telemarketing purposes. We may, at any material time, present you a form containing such terms as to exempt said parties from the DNC. It is similarly necessary to exempt them from the DNC to fully benefit from the many services they offer.
Should you wish to withdraw your given consent, you may contact our Data Protection officer (“DPO”), who will be able to assist you on this matter.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary in order to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by the relevant laws.
OPT OUT / AMENDING / REMOVAL OF PERSONAL DATA
You must obtain, fill out, and submit to us the prescribed form if you subsequently decide to:-
- amend or remove your personal data from our database; and
- opt out of our mailing list in relation to marketing messages sent to you.
Please note that it may take up to 30 business days after receipt of your form for us to process your request.
For details on how to obtain such a form, please contact our DPO, who will be able to assist you.
Group's DPO: CRM Manager, Komoco Holdings Pte Ltd
Address: 253 Alexandra Road #01-01 Singapore